In general, the safest location to be in the case of an electrical storm is within a structure with four walls and a roof. However, just because you’re inside doesn’t mean you’re fully protected. cases involving households appliances and tools at home often times become a weapon for the lighnting to attack.
Lightning can enter the home through any material that is a conductor of electricity. This includes:
- Metal conduits
Many people are startled to hear that concrete may act as an electrical conductor. This is due to the fact that metal rebar holds concrete in place. The rebar conducts the lightning through the concrete. If there is an open window or door nearby, lightning can penetrate the residence.
You can take the following precautions:
- Keep the windows and doors shut
- Avoid touching water or plumbing fixtures
- Unplug appliances that can be unplugged
- Stay away from electrical appliances that cannot be easily unplugged
- Installing data and signal protection.
*check out more protection system products for your home.